The 2015 Japan – US Innovation Awards will take place on Friday, July 10, 2015 at Stanford University. The program will have Dr. Keita Mori, Co-CEO and Founder of SanBio,speak. SanBio, winner of the inaugural Salesforce Emerging Leader Award – Japan in 2011, successfully IPO’d on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in April 2015.
In addition, the Symposium will include the following program highlights:
- Welcoming remarks by Consul-General of Japan in San Francisco, Mr. Jun Yamada.
- Keynote Dialog on “What the Tesla – Panasonic Gigafactory Means for Silicon Valley” featuring:
- Kurt Kelty, Director, Battery Technology, Tesla Motors
- Shinichi Ito, Manager, Business Promotion Office, Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America
- Moderated by Dr. Richard B. Dasher, Director, Stanford University US-Asia Technology Management Center
- 2015 Salesforce Emerging Leader Award presentation to iRobot (U.S.) and to JIN CO., LTD. (Japan). Our winners will share information about their respective companies and participate in a panel discussion:
- Hitoshi Tanaka, Founder & CEO, JIN CO., LTD.
- Anders Bialek, Director of Corporate Development, iRobot,
- Moderated by Allen Miner, Founder and Chairman, SunBridge Corporation
- A panel discussion with the CEOs of five exciting Japanese start-up companies: Cloudian, Inc.; Quantum Biosystems; PI R&D.; SleepWell Co., Ltd.; and Whill, Inc. Ken Yasunaga, Managing Director, Innovation Network Corporation of Japan, will moderate this first ever Innovation Showcase portion of the Symposium.
For more information, please visit http://www.usjinnovate.org/